SHE CALLS ME...  

Posted by Chon On Blog





“THE SEA that calls all things unto her calls me, and I must embark.

For to stay, though the hours burn in the night, is to freeze and crystallize and be bound in a mould.

Fain would I take with me that is here. But how shall I?

A voice cannot carry the tongue and the lips that gave it wings. Alone it must seek the ether.

And alone and without his nest shall the eagle fly across the sun…”


That is what I have to do now. A tough decision indeed but it is something I must come to myself. Alone, I shall have to choose the path through which I shall take my dependents to a new beginning in an unknown world.

QOTH (my better half) and I have thought about it, visualized it in our minds, dreamed of it and talked about it ever so often. Perhaps, the time has come for us to put our plan into action..to walk the talk, if you will.

That long walk will have to begin with this first step. I alone must put my best foot forward and clear the trail leading to the new world. The first step is to quit my job of 27 years, during which I climbed the ladder of success and reached a position thought unattainable, considering my academic background.

And, considering that I’m not getting any younger – knocking on 48, if you must know - and while the strength is still willing, I must execute our plan, and not to idle even for just a wink for I believe that it’ll remain just that, a plan, when I cross the big 50.

Now that the sea is calling, I must embark. I must take the first step, to leave this comfort zone and explore the unknown, which I earnestly pray promises a better life for us…where the grass is greener, the sun is brighter and the night sky sprinkled with stars.

I guess once the first step is taken, I would leave the secured fortress I am in now and upon reaching the foot of the hill, I should find my ship already in the harbour.



“How often have you sailed in my dreams. And now you come in my awakening, which is my deeper dream.

Ready am I to go, and my eagerness with sails full set awaits the wind.

Only another breath will I breathe in this still air, only another loving look cast backward, and then I shall stand among them, a seafarer among seafarers.

And you, vast sea, who alone are peace and freedom to the river and the stream,
Only another winding will this stream make, only another murmur in this glade,
And then I shall come to you, a boundless drop to a boundless ocean…"



This entry was posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

10 comments

Anonymous  

Go.. get a life!

Pak Tham...good luck! when everything dah settle, we can come over and visit! surely we'll miss the family! syoknya tepi pantai! oh, when everything dah ready mana-lah tau, boleh buat writeup for the paper..*wink*...

wow, you are 48? seriously ingat 45... :-D

Anonymous  

Do what you wants to do, Life with challenge is lifeless. I was told Bernama will be having a lady GM soon.
Cheers and Good luck

Anonymous: Yes, I've made the first move. Thanks

Bidadari: Bila dah jadi, semua untuk kita semua...

Anonymous: ... Life without challenges... Betul kata you, I kena cari cabaran itu. Thanks

SHIP AHOY! It's quite puzzling where you are heading for but the sound of the waves seems to give a clue of some sort. Whatever it is it is a GRAND and CONCLUSIVE decision. We made the journey almost fifteen years ago and we have been blessed. Imagine otherwise.
Daddy

Anonymous  

Boss,

we will miss you..that's for sure..sedihnya!!!!

PEAH..

KOTASTAR: You are right, something to do with the sea and sand. We'll talk it over over with you and Mama soon.

ANONYMOUS (PEAH): Apa yang nak sedih sangat.... Akan ada gantinya.

Anonymous  

YE LAH.. BETUL KATA PEAH.. SEDIH.. MEMANG PASTI ADA PENGGANTI. TAPI TAK MUNGKIN SAMA DENGAN YANG AKAN PERGI.. UHUK2

Anonymous  

Setuju dgn anonymous..patah tumbuh hilang berganti, tapi takkan sama dengan yang lama..

Kenapalah Boss nak berenti..kat sapa lagi la kitorang nak mengadu hal...*hu hu hu hu*

PEAH

Anonymous  

ooo... you BERNAMA guys tak nak ayah i berenti sebab you guys tak ada orang nak ngadu dengan.